Nothing makes me more excited than a good crockpot dump recipe!
Life is much easier when you can add a handful of ingredients to your slow-cooker, set it, and leave the house knowing dinner will be ready once you return!
And that smell when you do finally leave the office and come home- well that’s an added bonus.
For the longest time, I’ve been stuck in the same routine of some rendition of salsa verde chicken, but after venturing into the International Food aisle at my local grocery store I was inspired to create an Asian-styled dish that would liven up the dinner experience at my house once and for all.
I gotta tell you- I am so pleased with how this whole thing turned out!
The sauce is just enough of both sweet and tangy to please even the pickiest of eaters. Plus, the dish pairs well with a side of white rice and steamed broccoli- giving it a feel of Chinese take-out (just a little more macro-friendly!).
It’s honestly hard to believe that such a flavorful dish packs over 27 grams of protein per serving with just 6 grams of fat!
Keep scrolling, because I’m sharing this fan-favorite recipe below.
Sweet & Savory Slow-Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 6 Hours
Per Serving: 323 calories. 43 grams Carbs. 27.5 grams Protein. 6 grams Fat.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 lbs)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Butter Chicken Sauce* (or another favorite curry sauce)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil*
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped (use additional for garnish, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon corn startch
- Sesame seeds for garnish
*Can be found in International Foods Aisle of most grocery stores
- Place chicken in the bottom of slow-cooker
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, curry sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and green onions.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- Once fully cooked, remove chicken from slow-cooker. Place on cutting board to shred with fork.
- Whisk the cornstarch in 3 tablespoons of water until smooth. Slowly add this liquid mixture to the sauce in the slow-cooker. Whisk until thickened.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the slow-cooker. Mix to ensure that chicken is evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve immediately, adding sesame seeds + green onions for garnish.
Let me know in the comments below how this recipe did at your table.
Here to support YOU! Xo- Britney (ms.fit.farmer)
Browse more Recipes: