Have you ever avoided doing something not because you didn’t enjoy it but because you just plain weren’t good at it- and that was frustration enough?
I’ll be honest- that’s been my life story numerous times. I have a feeling, though that I’m in good company. 😉 Really, it’s human nature to want to perfect our strengths + avoid the discomfort that comes from exposing our weaknesses.
For example, I noticed when I first started working out how much I loved upper body strength training. After working 15+ years on a dairy farm, I’ve naturally gained strength in my arms + shoulders just from showing up to work and going about my normal chores. However, the same scenario didn’t hold true for my lower half. Plain + simple, my legs lagged behind everything else when it came to my physique.
There’s no shame in that. We all have areas that need work.
What I discovered in the gym was how much ‘less fun’ it was to work on bringing up my leg strength. I much preferred to head to the free weights, grab a set of dumbbells + go to work with shoulder presses, bicep curls, tricep extensions- anything that kept me away from that dreaded squat rack.
Fast forward a few years + I’ve learned to chase a new ‘high’ in the gym… The kind that comes from overcoming a weakness. It may take more time, but nothing quite compares to doing what you once thought was impossible!
So this month, the challenge is to overcome one of our biggest weaknesses.
For this, I’m rolling out my (free) 28-Day Plank Challenge because strengthening the abdominal muscles is a common struggle. And seriously, who doesn’t want a tighter core in time for summer?
How it Works:
- Download + Print your very own copy of the 28 Day Plank Challenge
- Hang it on your fridge or somewhere you’ll see it everyday!
- Plank! Each day I’ll give you a new ‘hold time’ to work up to. If you can’t stay in one plank for the entire time, that’s all right! Simply make note of your time, take a break + resume again until you’ve held enough planks to account for the total time.
- Join us in our Private FB Group to encourage others who are also participating in the Plank Challenge this month- stay accountable while increasing your chance of winning some cool prizes.
- Share this challenge with a friend- because in reality, we truly are #strongertogether.
Ready? Let’s get started! Enter your email below to get the 28-Day Plank Challenge delivered instantly to your inbox. And in case you missed that FB Group, here’s the link again – Happy, Healthy + Fit Tribe