Have you ever avoided doing something not because you didn’t enjoy it but because you just plain weren’t good at it- and that was frustration enough?
I’ll be honest- that’s been my life story numerous times. I have a feeling, though that I’m in good company. 😉
Really, it’s human nature to want to perfect our strengths + avoid the discomfort that comes from exposing our weaknesses.
Case in point: when I first started working-out regularly, I quickly noticed how much I loved workouts that focused on upper body strength training. After working 15+ years on a dairy farm, I’ve naturally gained strength in my arms + shoulders just from showing up to work!
However, the same doesn’t hold true for my lower half. Plain + simple, my legs lag behind everything else when it comes to my physique.
There’s no shame in that. We all have areas that need work.
- 5 Proven Hacks to Maximize Your Weight Loss Results
- 5 Best Exercises to Activate Your Glutes (No Squats Required!)
- 3 Fail-Proof Strategies to Help You Run with More Consistency
- Gym Terms Explained: Your Cheat Sheet for Understanding Gym Lingo
- The Post Workout Nutrition You NEED for Best Results
What I discovered in the gym was how much ‘less fun’ it was to work on bringing up my leg strength. I much preferred to head to the free weights, grab a set of dumbbells + go to work with shoulder presses, bicep curls, tricep extensions- anything that kept me away from that dreaded squat rack.
Fast forward a few years + I’ve learned to chase a new ‘high’ in the gym… The kind that comes from overcoming a weakness. It may take more time, but nothing quite compares to doing what you once thought was impossible!
So this month, the challenge is to overcome one of our biggest weaknesses.
For this, I’m rolling out my (free) month-long Plank Challenge because strengthening the abdominal muscles is a common struggle. And seriously, who doesn’t want a tighter core in time for summer?
How it Works:
- Download + Print your very own copy of this One-Month Plank Challenge
- Hang it on your fridge or somewhere you’ll see it everyday!
- Plank! Each day I’ll give you a new ‘hold time’ to work up to. If you can’t stay in one plank for the entire time, that’s all right! Simply make note of your time, take a break + resume again until you’ve held enough planks to account for the total time.
- For extra support + encouragement- Join us in our Private FB Group: [Healthy Living for the Modern Woman] is a community designed to help you stay accountable while you pursue your health + fitness goals! It’s full of some pretty amazing women- won’t you just us?
- Share this challenge with a friend- because in reality, we truly are #strongertogether.
That’s it! It’s truly that simple.
Ready? Let’s get started! Enter your email below to get the 28-Day Plank Challenge delivered right to your inbox.
Here to support YOU! XO- Britney (ms.fit.farmer)