*Post may contain affiliate links, Please see my disclosure policy for full details*
You know how you can spot a good protein powder?! -When you can add it to nearly any dessert for a little extra protein bump and you can’t even tell it’s there. Healthy and delicious. Seriously, talk about a win!
We’ve all had it before, you add some protein powder to a dish, hoping to make it a bit more healthy and the plan backfires on you because the powder leaves a chalky residue or some kind of sour taste. I can assure you this will not happen to you, not this time!
Yes, you better believe it- it is entirely possible to enjoy a dessert that is not only easy to prepare, but delicious and even macro-friendly. A trifecta of perfect!
Related: No-Bake Cinnamon Protein Bars
I have to admit I love the seemingly endless variety of health food available nowadays. Especially when companies are busy cranking out those healthier varieties of my favorite guilty pleasures- ice cream anyone? 😉
So many options in the freezer section, it’s almost intimidating. However, I’ve noticed that it all comes at a price- While I’m a firm believer that our health is an investment, not an expense- I’m not sure I can convince myself too much longer that ice cream (even the healthy kind) is indeed a necessity. I mean at $5 or even $6 a pint, it adds up fast!
Hence where these Protein “Ice Cream” Sandwiches came into play. So easy to whip up, only 3 ingredients [4, if you add sprinkles:)], and satisfyingly sweet. I literally have a hard time believing I’m not cheating on my diet.
I tend to whip up a batch and throw them in the freezer to keep. I’ll grab one when I’m on my way out the door or save it for a nice snack at night while I’m watching T.V.
- 1 tub (8 oz) Low-Fat Whipped Cream
- 2 scoops Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder (Use 1st Phorm Brand for best results)
- 6-8 Full Sized Graham Cracker sheets (I used chocolate flavor, but feel free to use other flavors.)
- Mix the Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder into semi-soft Low-Fat Whipped Cream.
- Let mixture firm in the freezer, then divide entire tub among halved graham cracker. The number of sandwiches will vary depending on personal preference for how much filling is used per serving.
- Top each sandwich with remaining half and enjoy!
- For some extra fun, add sprinkles to the sides of sandwich!
I would love to know how yours turned out! Tell me about it in the comments below.