As a personal trainer and fitness blogger, I thrive during this time of year on setting people up to succeed with their fitness goals.
There’s nothing better than the feel of a fresh start. And with summer still months away, there’s plenty of time to make good on your promise to yourself to truly achieve that body-confident look and rock any bikini you choose.
Fitness has its perks. There’s no arguing the importance of living healthy lifestyle. And I, for one, will always believe in the importance of investing in one’s self (time, energy & yes, even money) when it comes to living fit.
Still, I have to admit that while staying active is a huge part of my life, it is not the only part of my life.
I’m sure you can relate, because like in your own life, fitness is just one piece of the otherwise large puzzle.
Believe me, I get it. You are so much more than just a physical appearance- you are a living, breathing body with a mind and soul that deserve to be nurtured as much as your outer half.
So even though I don’t have any plans in my near future to hang up my workout shoes just yet, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite New Years resolutions that don’t require a gym membership.
As always let me know in the comments below some of your own ideas for resolutions. I love hearing from you all.
30 New Year’s Resolutions that Don’t Require a Gym Membership:
- Read More – because do you really need to watch that Netflix re-run for the third time?
- Spend time with family & friends- your parents are getting older too, make time for them.
- Try something new- new hobby, new recipe, new fitness class…
- Explore (even if it’s just in your own town)- heck, try out a new restaurant in town or visit that art gallery you never made the time to go visit.
- Substitute one bad habit for a good one
- Set aside ‘me time’ once a week
- Save more money- realize that you don’t need ‘stuff’ to make you happy. Focus your energy on your relationships, your experiences…
- Create a budget and stick to it
- Learn a new skill
- Gossip Less
- Learn to start fresh every day and stop revisiting the past- Why live in the past when you can’t change it. Focus on what you do have control over- your future.
- Meditate- Let your mind take a break every once in a while!
- Ditch the comparison habit- No ones has it all together, so stop believing that they do!
- Complain Less
- Get outside more- Some old fashioned things like sunshine and grass never go out of style 😉
- Introduce yourself to new people
- Cut ties with people in your life who consistently bring you down
- Be on Time
- Practice Gratitude –write down just three things your grateful for each day. You may be surprised how much better your attitude towards life improves.
- Subscribe and Listen to an inspiring podcast – there’s so much good information on the Internet these days that can actually help improve your life.
- Live simply. Clean the clutter out of your life.
- Clean out your Inbox
- Give direction to your Life. Brainstorm a 1-year, 5-year and 10-year plan.
- Get creative. Paint, draw, scrapbook or build something.
- Say ‘yes’ to things that scare you- trust me, you’ll be glad you did!
- Say ‘no’ to things you really don’t want to do- Learn to say ‘no’ so that your ‘yes’ has more emphasis.
- Create a vision board
- Don’t waste a positive thought- if you see good in someone, let them know!
Need help with your Resolution this Year? Enter your email below to get instant access to my entire library of (free) resources- including many goal planning worksheets!