When’s the last time you set a goal for yourself that didn’t revolve around losing weight?
Now don’t get me wrong- I love a good fitness goal, and I fully support women who take the initiative to improve their health. After all, much of what I write about here, on this little blog of mine, revolves around helping women to lose weight + take back control of their lives so that they can get back to feeling like their real self.
BUT (and this is a big but) you, my friend are so much more than just your physical self. You are so much more than what can be defined from a number on the bathroom scale.
You are a woman that has a mind + soul that requires just as much attention and nurturing as your physical body. And that’s why I encourage you to remember that there are ways that you can improve your life that have nothing to do with losing weight.
- The Power of Positive Thinking: Adopt a Healthy Mindest in 4 Easy Steps
- The Daily Gratitude Practice that Changed My Life
- 6 Steps to Creating the Perfect Night Routine for More Productive Mornings
- 21 Books that Radically Changed My Life
- The BEST Hack to Creating More Happiness in Your Life (In Under 2 Minutes!)
In this blog post, I’m sharing with you my Top 30 non-health related fitness goals. I invite you to pick a few of your favorites from the list to work on this year- share this list with your friends + have them join you on your quest for self-improvement!
30 New Year’s Resolutions that Don’t Require a Gym Membership:
- Read More – because do you really need to watch that Netflix re-run for the third time?
- Spend time with family & friends- your parents are getting older too, make time for them.
- Try something new- new hobby, new recipe, new fitness class…
- Explore (even if it’s just in your own town)– heck, try out a new restaurant in town or visit that art gallery you never made the time to go visit.
- Substitute one bad habit for a good one
- Set aside ‘me time’ once a week
- Save more money– realize that you don’t need ‘stuff’ to make you happy. Focus your energy on your relationships, your experiences…
- Create a budget and stick to it
- Learn a new skill
- Gossip Less
- Learn to start fresh every day and stop revisiting the past– Why live in the past when you can’t change it. Focus on what you do have control over- your future.
- Meditate- Let your mind take a break every once in a while!
- Ditch the comparison habit- No ones has it all together, so stop believing that they do!
- Complain Less
- Get outside more- Some old fashioned things like sunshine and grass never go out of style 😉
- Introduce yourself to new people
- Cut ties with people in your life who consistently bring you down
- Be on Time
- Practice Gratitude –write down just three things your grateful for each day. You may be surprised how much better your attitude towards life improves.
- Subscribe and Listen to an inspiring podcast – there’s so much good information on the Internet these days that can actually help improve your life.
- Live simply. Clean the clutter out of your life.
- Clean out your Inbox
- Give direction to your Life. Brainstorm a 1-year, 5-year and 10-year plan.
- Get creative. Paint, draw, scrapbook or build something.
- Say ‘yes’ to things that scare you- trust me, you’ll be glad you did!
- Say ‘no’ to things you really don’t want to do- Learn to say ‘no’ so that your ‘yes’ has more emphasis.
- Create a vision board
- Don’t waste a positive thought- if you see good in someone, let them know!
As you can see, not every goal in your life has to be big + life changing, sometimes we merely have to focus on the little details to remember that life is lived but a moment at a time. Slowing down and living with intention is a truly powerful strategy to bring more peace + joy into your life!
I’d LOVE for you to share your own ideas of goals you’d like to achieve that don’t require a gym membership! Leave them in the comments below- I can’t wait to read what you share!
Here to support you! XO- Britney (ms.fit.farmer)
P.S. Need help with your Resolution this Year? Enter your email below to get instant access to my entire library of (FREE) resources- including many goal planning worksheets!